2019 Year in Reviewby Caitlin McCarthy on 12/17/19
* The Worcester, MA Sunday Telegram wrote a big article about WONDER DRUG advancing to the Academy Nicholl quarterfinals: https://tinyurl.com/rwwua6d
* Academy Nicholl reader comments for WONDER DRUG included: “…a stunning and powerful script featuring clear, sharp writing."
* A NATIVE LAND placed among the Top 10% of all 7,302 entries in the Academy Nicholl competition. Reader comments for A NATIVE LAND included: "This was an extremely well-crafted and compelling crime mystery. It had a really nice balance of character development and intricate storytelling."
* Additionally, A NATIVE LAND reached the semifinals of the Women In Film and The Black List Writing Labs 2019 Feature Residency: https://tinyurl.com/vpclasn
* The Telegram & Gazette (Worcester, MA) published an article about WONDER DRUG advancing to the Academy Nicholl Semifinals, one of only 149 entries to advance from the Quarterfinal Round: https://tinyurl.com/v96jnhd
* WONDER DRUG was listed as a 2019 Academy Nicholl Semifinalist on the Oscars website: https://www.oscars.org/nicholl/ceremonies/2019
* Researchers at Harvard Business School announced that Black List scripts were “twice as likely to be made into films, with 30 percent of them produced, compared to 15 percent of non-listed scripts. What’s more, they also did better at theaters, with movies of the same budget generating 90 percent more revenue at the box office.” WONDER DRUG was a "Featured Script" on The Black List website. View the HBS report here: https://tinyurl.com/t89pqto
* A NATIVE LAND reached the Top 50 in the 2019 Table Read My Screenplay – Austin competition.
* Two original TV pilots -- "Free Skate" and "Virtual Vida" -- reached the Semifinals in the 2019 Film Empire Writing For Television competition.
* The Academy announced that WONDER DRUG was among the Top 50 highest scoring scripts out of 7,302 scripts that were entered in the 2019 Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting competition. The Academy released the Top 50 list to the entertainment industry, and posted the list to their Nicholl Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/notes/academy-nicholl-fellowships-in-screenwriting/2019-academy-nicholl-fellowships-top-50-screenplays/10156933574811452/